We wish to recruit up to two additional Independent Directors on an initial 4-year-term and are now inviting applications.
Our Independent Directors are appointed by the Board Nominations Committee (Independent Chair, Independent Director, Elected Director & CEO) based on who meets the skills and experience we are seeking. In order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate that you have no close association with an organisation in membership of Parkour Earth at the time of your application.
With our governance structure, we need individuals who can help develop and maintain Parkour Earth’s strategic focus and direct the changing organisation towards its future. You would need to be able to make a commitment to Parkour Earth and devote the necessary time, have strategic vision, independent judgment, an ability to think creatively, and a willingness to speak your mind.
We are looking for Independent Director(s) who has the relevant skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing and Digital technologies/social media;
- Internal Sporting Landscape;
- Finance and accountancy.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
An impressive track record of success in the private, public and/or voluntary sector;
- The ability to operate at Board level for a International Federation of Sport (IF);
- A good understanding of the role that sport plays Internationally – particularly a modern lifestyle sport like Parkour;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- The skills to challenge current thinking at Board level;
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of underrepresented groups in sport;
- A good understanding of the ‘Good Governance’ – including the UK Code for Sports Governance or similar.
In line with our Equality and Diversity Policy and the UK Code for Sports Governance, we are keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Directors and would welcome applications from those communities or segments of the global population who are currently under-represented on the Board, in particular, women, BAME groups and people with disabilities.
We can provide a full induction to the IF’s work. You will be expected to attend approx. six Board meetings a year.
We aim to establish committees to oversee and drive our work and support the work of our CEO. In addition, we would encourage your attendance at our member federations events at a local level, where possible.
For more detailed information about Parkour Earth and a list of the current Directors, please visit our website. For an informal discussion about the role of Independent Director please contact our CEO Dr Damien Puddle on [email protected] Please send a cover letter stating your interest, suitability for the role of Independent Director, and CV to the above email. The closing date for applications is 6pm on
Monday the 31st of August, 2020 Sunday, October 18th, 2020 [date extended]. Interviews will be held during September October/November, with the appointments being passed to our Board.