- 5.5. Independent Director 1 (Belinda Wheaton) – must retire and be eligible for re-appointment at the 2019 AGM
- 5.6. Independent Director 2 (Stuart McInnes) – must retire and be eligible for re-appointment at the 2020 AGM
- 5.7. The Chief Executive (Eugene Minogue) – must be re-nominated for appointment at the 2019 AGM
Parkour Earth will be actively recruiting for a new Independent Chair and up to two Independent Directors, following the confirmation that;
- Belinda has chosen not to be stand for re-appointment with Parkour Earth due to ongoing professional commitments.
- Stuart has chosen to retire at the 2019 AGM, unfortunately due to an ongoing health condition.
- Eugene has chosen not to to be stand for re-appointment with Parkour Earth due to ongoing professional commitments.
Therefore we wish to recruit Independent Chair and up to two additional Independent Director on an initial 4-year-term and are now inviting applications.
Our Independent Directors are appointed by the Board Nominations Committee (Independent Chair, Independent Director, Elected Director & CEO) based on who meets the skills and experience we are seeking. As a result, in order to apply for this role, you must be able to demonstrate that you have no association with an organisation in membership of Parkour Earth at the time of your application.
With our governance structure, we need individuals who can help develop and maintain Parkour Earth’s strategic focus and direct the changing organisation towards its future. You would need to be able to make a commitment to Parkour Earth and devote the necessary time, have strategic vision, independent judgement, an ability to think creatively and a willingness to speak your mind.
We are looking for an Independent Chair / Director(s) who has the relevant skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Legal – particularly International Sports Law;
- Marketing and Digital technologies/social media;
- Internal Sporting Landscape;
- Finance and accountancy.
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An impressive track record of success in the private, public and/or voluntary sector;
- The ability to operate at Board level for a Internal Federation of Sport (IF);
- A good understanding of the role that sport plays Internationally – particularly a modern lifestyle sport like Parkour;
- Ability to think creatively and strategically;
- The skills to challenge current thinking at Board level;
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of under-represented groups in sport;
- A good understanding of the ‘Good Governance’ – including the UK Code for Sports Governance.
In line with our Equality and Diversity Policy and the UK Code for Sports Governance, we are keen to achieve a more diverse Board of Directors and would welcome applications from those communities or segments of the global population who are currently under-represented on the Board, in particular former athletes, women, BAME groups and people with disabilities.
We can provide a full induction to the IF’s work. You will be expected to attend approx. six Board meetings a year.
Increasingly we are establishing committees to oversee and drive our work, and support the work of our CEO. In addition, we would encourage your attendance at our members federations events at a local level, where possible.
For more detailed information about Parkour Earth and a list of the current Directors, please visit our website. For an informal discussion about the role of Independent Director please contact our Independent Chair, Stuart McInness on +44 (0)207 655 1388
Please send a covering letter stating your interest, suitability for the role of Independent Chair/Director and CV to Stuart McInnes, Independent Chair via email to [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 6pm on Friday 12th July 2019. Interviews will be held during the w/c 15th July with the appointments being passed to our Board and ratified at our AGM on the 24th July 2019.