Parkour Earth Seeks Two Independent Directors
We are recruiting up to two additional Independent Directors on an initial four-year term and are now inviting applications.
An Independent Director is a Director appointed by the Parkour Earth Board, free of any close connection to the Federation and/or Members of the Federation, who would be viewed as independent.
In line with our equality and diversity goals, and the UK Code for Sports Governance, Parkour Earth aims to achieve a more diverse Board of Directors. Prioritisation will be given to applications from those communities or segments of the global population who are currently under-represented on the Board (other genders, ethnicities, and people with disabilities).
The Board requires individuals who can help develop and maintain Parkour Earth’s strategic focus and direct the changing organisation towards its future. They will need to be able to make a commitment to Parkour Earth and devote the necessary time, have strategic vision, independent judgment, an ability to think creatively, and a willingness to speak their mind.
Parkour Earth is particularly interested in Independent Directors who have the relevant skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Marketing and public relations
- Legal, regulatory and governance
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Finance and accountancy
Ideally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- An impressive track record of success in the private, public and/or voluntary sector
- The ability to operate at Board level for an International Federation of Sport
- A good understanding of the role that sport plays internationally – particularly a modern lifestyle sport like parkour
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- The skills to challenge current thinking at Board level
- A clear commitment to improving diversity and equality and understanding the needs of underrepresented groups in sport
- A good understanding of ‘Good Governance’, including the UK Code for Sports Governance or similar.
See the full role description here.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to our CEO Dr. Damien Puddle at damien.puddle[at]parkour.earth by Sunday, November 14, 2021. Please feel free to reach out to Damien at the above email with any questions about the role. Interviews will be held during November/December, with the appointments being passed to the Board.